- Matt Warden
- How Better Prototyping Can Improve BI. BI This Week by The Data Warehousing Institute (TDWI). 30 Mar 2011.
- Professional LAMP: Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP. Wrox/Wiley Publishing. December 2005.
- Generalized AJAX Response Handling for XML Content. DevX.com. 18 Jul 2005.
Double Line, Inc.
April 2012 to Present
Double Double Line is a strategic consulting firm focused on serving the public sector, with a special emphasis on working in K-12 education.
Data modeling, Embarcadero ER/Studio, XML Schema (XSD), XMLSpy, project management, Agile/kanban
Sept 2009 to April 2012
Product Manager for a software platform enabling an agile development approach to business intelligence projects as well as enterprise-level analytics alignment. Responsibilities were broad, including:
- Establishing and driving marketing priorities as it relates to overall messaging, brand awareness, sales collateral, and public relations
- Designing and executing marketing events and campaigns (e.g., webinars, newsletters) and building social media presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, forums, etc.)
- Technical pre-sales and post-sales activities (product demonstrations, kickoffs, training, professional services)
- Establishing a repeatable, scalable cloud infrastructure for our SaaS offering, using Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3)
- Contributing to the product roadmap by balancing needs of current customers with those of the untapped market
Marketing, product management, Business Objects, Cognos, Microsoft Analysis Services (SSAS), Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MicroStrategy, WebFOCUS, Oracle BI, Netezza, Ant, XSL, Android, Amazon Web Services
Business Technology Consultant
Aug 2006 to Sept 2009 (3 years 1 month)
Led teams through the software development lifecycle from requirements elicitation to
successful launch, operation, and maintenance of two complex initiatives integrating a Unisys
mainframe system and an Oracle-based web application in a large-scale public sector
enterprise. Responsible for understanding the details of the business of our clients and
translating into workable technology solutions delivered in the allotted budget and timeline.
Project management, Enterprise architecture, Oracle, Data modeling, Informatica, webMethods, .NET, and XML.
Jan 2006 to Aug 2006 (8 months)
Led development of scheduling module for a product offering supporting the operations of
chiropractic practices and critical to the sales strategy of company.
Signal US Communications
Jul 2005 to Jan 2006 (6 months)
Worked closely with a team of designers, programmers, and project managers to produce web
applications that are user friendly and marketable.
"Summer of Code" Software Engineering Fellow
Jun 2005 to Sep 2005 (4 months)
Redesigned the open-source Horde_Form module as a fellow in Google's Summer of Code.
Improved Horde_Form to output semantic XHTML, separated CSS, and unobtrusive
Nov 2004 to Jun 2005 (8 months)
Designed a web application that applies a social network to searching. Led programming team
to implementation of a sophisticated prototype.
Jun 2003 to Nov 2004 (1 year 4 months)
Expanded capabilities of a department intranet. Developed a reporting system, a customer
service application, and an improved authentication architecture.
Data modeling, Oracle, Java, CSS, and HTML.
Synchrony Communications, Inc. (Now Divine, Inc.)
Jul 1999 to Aug 2001 (2 years 1 month)
Helped develop several products. Customized Synchrony's core call center product for
customers. Developed middleware for Synchrony's public website.
Miami University, Oxford, Ohio May 2006
- Bachelor of Science in Systems Analysis
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology